U Street Food Tour
- Vegetarian Adults
- Private Tour Starting Price for 2 people
Eat at our Favorite U Street Restaurants
Connect with DC’s jazziest community on our stroll through the U Street corridor. Discover the foods that repaired a rioting city, and sample diverse cuisines of cultures that have come to call DC home. If you listen closely, you might even hear some tunes from DC’s own Go-Go music!
Sample the classic flavors unique to the district and discover the new tastes that are shaping its culinary evolution as we continue down the street while stopping to hear stories behind local murals, buildings, and sculptures that define the city’s heritage. Explore some of the best places to eat on U Street.
Don’t know what a half smoke is? Don’t worry. We’ll explain it along the way, and you’ll be glad we did! After all, this is a food tour. And we believe the best way to connect to a city is through its cuisine!
Aside from carefully curated tastings and fascinating history, your experience includes custom photos of your tour. A portion of each tour ticket is donated to our charity partner and is enough to feed a local resident in need for the whole day, three full meals.
Book your U Street Food Tour now and stay flexible. If you chose the option to make your ticket refundable for just $5 per person when you check-out, you will have the ability to receive a full refund (Less the $5 per person charge) up to 24 hours prior to your tour start time.
Join our Tour and Have Confidence That You Are Exploring Responsibly!
Blue Fern Travel is committed to supporting our local community and our partners. When you join a tour with us, you are directly contributing to our mission. Your tour dollars are helping in several different ways:
- A portion of your ticket price is donated directly to Bread For The City; you are responsible for feeding a DC resident in need THREE MEALS.
- Our restaurant partners are small local businesses, predominantly minority and/or women-owned.
- Some food tour companies negotiate tasting prices at restaurants they visit. Blue Fern Travel considers our restaurants to be our partners and we pay full price and tip your server 20%.
- We pay our guides a living wage.
Thank you for participating in our tour, supporting the local community while you taste and learn, and traveling in a responsible and sustainable way!